Goals Galore in Round Five – Round Five Round Up

Goals Galore in Round Five – Round Five Round Up

Goals! Goals! And more Goals!

That was the motto at the end of Round Five in the Trinidad and Tobago Super League as each of the games was filled with a flurry of goals.

Guaya United remained perfect after five games as they hit Cunupia FC for six at the Guayaguayare Recreation Ground. Carlon “Judgement” Hughes was the chief destroyer for the “Green Army” as he scored a beavertrick in his team’s 6-2 win. Kevin Jagdeosingh also ran riot on the day by notching a goal and an assist to leave the exuberant home crowd with smiles on their faces throughout the 90 mins.

Hughes’ 4 goal salvo, places him at the top of the goal scoring charts with 7 goals, alongside FC Santa Rosa’s ace captain Keron Clarke who maintained his scoring form to keep his team in sight of leaders Guaya.  Clarke buried two second half penalties, after Saleem Henry had opened the scoring, to lead FC Santa Rosa to a 3-0 victory over WASA FC.

At Queen’s Royal College Grounds, QPCC had a last minute goal from Kevaughn John to thank for their much needed win against 1976 Phoenix FC. The sides went into the half locked at 1-1 with veteran Devon Modeste pouncing in the 17th minute to give QPCC the lead. However just before half time, Shelton Williams curled in a brilliant left footed free kick for the Tobago based team to level the scores. Both teams pushed for the winner in the second half and the “Parkities” were rewarded at the death as John reacted quickest to head home the winner after Modeste’s effort had cannoned off the crossbar.

Siparia Spurs’ winless streak continued at the Palo Seco Recreation Ground as they fell 2-1 to UTT who seemed to have luck on their side. Kevin Bascombe opened the scoring for “Sand City Boys” in the 63rd but Isaiah Mejias responded soon after with the equalizer. To cap off a frantic 10 minutes, prolific Siparia marksman Andy London put through his own net following a J’Deem Parris corner, to give UTT a prized 3 points and a return to winning ways after back to back defeats.

In the most surprising result of the round, previously winless Club Sando Moruga thrashed Police FC at the Grand Chemin Recreation Ground. In the previous round, Moruga suffered a 7-0 bruising at the hands of FC Santa Rosa but turned the tables on a hapless Police FC outfit by shooting them down 7-1 on the day. Jesse Edwards was the star of the show. The cultured forward slotted home four goals in a second half rampage by the southern based team. And if that wasn’t enough, Edwards turned provider for two more items for his team mates to round off a historic win that lifts them off the foot of the table.

The final fixture in Round Five will see Bethel United FC host Defence Force TTSL FC on Thursday 13 July 2017 at 6 pm at the Mt Gomery Recreation Ground.


TT Super League Round Five Results


Club Sando Moruga  7 (Anderson Toussaint 40, Jesse Edwards  47, 52, 74, 80, Nigel John 71, Akeil London 90)

Police FC 1 (Isaiah Pryce 31)

at Grand Chemin Recreation Ground, Moruga



FC Santa Rosa 3 (Saleem Henry 45, Keron Clarke 72 [p], 93 [p])

at WASA Head Office Grounds, St Joseph 


Siparia Spurs 1 (Kevin Bascombe 63)

UTT 2 (Isaiah Mejias 70, Andy London [OG] 73)

at Palo Seco Recreation Ground


QPCC 2 (Devon Modeste 17, Kevaughn John 92 )

1976 Phoenix FC 1 (Shelton Williams 42 )

at Queen’s Royal College Grounds


Guaya United FC 6 (Shaquille Ferrier 2, Carlon Hughes 33,39,75,80, Kevin Jagdeosingh 64)

Cunupia FC 2 (Torian Sobers 60, Jamal Spencer 82)

at Guayaguayare Recreation Ground


Thursday 13 July 2017

Bethel United FC  

Defence Force TTSL FC 

at Mt Gomery Recreation Ground


Our Partners