Guaya solidifies top spot – Round Two Round Up

Guaya solidifies top spot – Round Two Round Up

Guaya United continued their fine form in Round Two of the Trinidad and Tobago Super League (TTSL) by claiming a 4-2 win over Siparia Spurs.

The “Green Army” raced to a 2-0 lead at half time through goals from Kendes Garcia and Kevin Jagdeosingh, who were both making their first appearances for the season. Jagdeosingh added his second, early in the second half before Carlon “Judgement” Hughes scored to make it two goals in two games for the Guaya marksman.

Dwayne Edwards scored late on for the home team, but similar to Andy London’s goal in the 52nd minute, it came as merely a consolation.

At St James Barracks, Defence Force TTSL FC ensured that they kept on the heels of Guaya United, by sauntering to a 2-0 over Police FC in the “servicemen” derby. Josimar Belgrave showed how lethal he can be in dead ball situations as he bent in a free kick in the first half, before rounding off the win with a penalty in the 73rd minute.

QPCC recovered from their opening round loss, by condemning Club Sando Moruga to a consecutive defeat at St Anthony’s College Grounds. Forward Kevaughn John bagged a brace for the Parkities and was ably assisted by the evergreen Devon Modeste who proved to be a thorn in Moruga’s side throughout the match.

Cunupia FC also bounced back to beat WASA FC by a solitary goal. Michael Darko scored in the 30th minute and the “Predators” were able to hold onto the win with Tevin Mungo proving to be especially resolute in the Cunupia defence.

FC Santa Rosa made a triumphant debut at the Arima Velodrome with a 2-0 win over visiting Bethel United FC. Santa Rosa captain Keron Clarke was chief destroyer with a goal and an assist at the Arima venue, while Rashad Griffith, the team’s top scorer from last season, also got on the score sheet for the “Big Cannons” as a second half substitute. Teenage attacker Saleem Henry, also displayed his burgeoning talent with another impressive display in Santa Rosa colours.

In the late kick off, Isaiah Mejias scored a double but it was Theon James who was the star of the show for UTT as they dismantled 1976 Phoenix FC 4-2 at O’meara Campus. Midfielder James, was creative and incisive as he set up goals for Mejias and Dillon Bartholomew while also being rewarded with a goal of his own in the 55th minute via an assist from J’Deem Parris.

TTSL continues on Sunday 25 June with Round Three action.


TT Super League Round Two Results


QPCC 2 (Kevaughn John 59, 75)

Club Sando Moruga 0

at St Anthony’s College Grounds


Siparia Spurs 2 (Andy London 52, Dwayne Edwards 89)

Guaya United 4 (Kendes Garcia 10, Kevin Jagdeosingh 40,59, Carlon Hughes 63)

at Fyzabad Petrotrin Sports Club Grounds


FC Santa Rosa 2 (Keron Clarke 41, Rashad Griffith 65)

Bethel United FC 0

at Arima Velodrome


Police FC 0

Defence Force TTSL FC 2 (Josimar Belgrave 15, 73)

at St James Barracks



Cunupia FC 1 (Michael Darko 30)

at WASA Head Office Grounds, St Joseph


UTT 4 (Isaiah Mejias 31, 34, Theon James 55, Dillon Bartholomew 85)

1976 Phoenix FC 2 (Jabarry Francis 18, Dominique Kerr 46)

at UTT, O’Meara



Our Partners